Friday, April 10, 2009

More Paintings by the Homies


BART Transbay Tunnel, 2009, Oil on Panel, 47 x 58 inches
by Patrick Strand
This piece is part of a series my big brother has been working on over the past few years. It started when he lived up in Oakland riding BART to work every day. For more from his BART series visit http://www.patrickstrand.com/






Number One Sons, 2007, Oil on canvas, 66 x 70 inches
by Derek Tze-Yang Chan
Derek's work is always on some next shit. This one is BIG too! Here's a gallery photo for a size reference:
Man I wish I could make it to Chicago to check out his studio/galleries. Last summer on our roadtrip across the country, Venise and I were blocked from getting to Chicago by midwest floods. Someday Der, someday!






pho sho, 2008, Ink, water color acrylic
by Mark Canto
I love this one. It reminds me of me and my big-ass belly! Mark's work will be featured at Beatrock at the "Because Your Mama Said So" Group ArtShow dedicated to Mr. T on April 25th. The opening will be in conjunction with the Fatgums X Bambu EP release party!

No comments:

Post a Comment